In the year 1872 Medina erected its first public high school building at a cost of $19,000. It stood on the corner of South Broadway and East Smith. The building was used as both a grade school and high school, and served the community as such until a new high school was built on the corner of North Broadway and East Friendship.
The first commencement exercises for the Medina Public School were held in Phoenix Hall in 1876.
This list was taken from a book of Medina High School graduates in the archives of the Medina County Historical Society. It was given to the society by members Frank and Eldenenee Hammerschmidt Rau. Eldene was a member of the high school annual staff that typed the list in 1940. Together they brought the list up to date and was shown at the winter mini-reunion of Medina High grads in February 1998 in Englewood, Florida.MEDINA HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATES, MEDINA, OHIO 1876 - 1900